Our small, rural school is located by the village of Kirkland, near Rowrah, 3 miles out of Frizington and 10 miles from Cockermouth, just off the main A5086 road. We are surrounded by open countryside and beautiful views across to the Ennerdale hills, providing us with an inspirational environment for outdoor learning.
At Kirkland we are proud to have:
- Happy pupils who work well together.
- A committed and enthusiastic staff, who work well together to get the best from the children.
- A well resourced school, helping pupils enjoy learning about all areas of the curriculum.
- An exciting curriculum with the opportunity for lots of trips and outdoor learning.
- Extensive outdoor facilities, this includes: a secure playground, a garden area with vegetable plots, a large school field, an enclosed nursery/toddler play area and a secure Early Years outdoor area.
- A long history of our pupils being well prepared for their secondary education.
- High quality wrap around care is possible during term time.
- Excellent relationships with parents and carers.
- A very supportive fundraising group.