About Lazonby CE School
At Lazonby CE School we want to celebrate the many ways our children flourish and connect with the world. We know a lot of our learning takes place in the classroom but we are firm advocates for learning in our local environment. Learning happens everyday, every where, small or large.
About the role
This is a superb opportunity to be part of a very successful team in small rural school. You will be working with and experience teacher and qualified TA in the Early Years classroom, supporting both nursery and reception children. There will be the opportunity to work with whole class, small groups and 1:1 with a child who has additional learning needs. The school has a total of 107 pupils and they are looking for a caring, motivated and enthusiastic individual who wants to be involved in whole school life. This is a 30 hour per week position with car parking available. Public transport is limited so driving would be essential.
Day to day duties will include:
- Meeting and greeting the children and supporting them to settle in for the day.
- Supporting the class teacher to plan and deliver learning and play activities.
- Looking after the children's health and safety whilst playing outdoors
- Supporting with snack and meal times
- Keeping detailed records of children's individual development and achievements.
- Supporting with intimate care and maintaining the cleanliness and safety of play areas.
Training & Qualification Details
The apprenticeship is expected to last a min of 13 Months in duration. You will learn with System People a friendly and local training provider here in Carlisle 2 days every month via Tutor led sessions. You will have access to 1-2-1 tutor support as well as a workplace mentor. System People have fantastic pass rates, we won the “BEST Training Provider Award” at the Golden Apples in 2019 and have been awarded a “Good” rating by Ofsted 2021. You may go on to study your Level 3 in the second year if you would like to progress with this career path in Early Years.
- As you will be studying for a Level 2 Apprenticeship you will be expected to hold a grade 4/C or above in either Maths OR English and at least a D in the other.
- Apprenticeships are open to everyone of all ages, so perhaps you have just left school and would like to get straight into work?
- Maybe you are a working parent looking for a change?
- Or perhaps you are looking for a career break and want to retrain and start something totally new!
All applications are welcome. Follow the link to find out more and apply.