PART TIME TEMPORARY TEACHER (0.2-0.3 MPS)
For further details about this vacancy please see the school's website.
‘Loving to Learn, Learning to Love’
Dean CE Primary School wishes to appoint an excellent part time teacher to join our dedicated team, to teach a small Year 3 & 4 class of 18 pupils, for 1 or 1.5 days per week as part of a job share (ideally all day Friday and possibly Thursday morning). This is a fixed term contract to 31st August 2021 due to maternity leave starting in January 2021, although could possibly start earlier if the successful candidate is available. Our aim is to create a community of learners for whom school is just the beginning of a lifetime of learning. We are proud of our happy, well-behaved children and have supportive parents and a committed Local Governing Body.
The successful candidate will need to be:
- An excellent Key Stage 2 practitioner with recent experience of teaching and assessment, confident in raising standards and achievement
- Calm and positive in managing pupils’ behaviour
- Dedicated to ensuring the progress and well-being of all pupils, of all abilities, with a commitment to high standards, both professionally and personally
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, flexible and caring; able to work as part of a strong team and be fully involved in the life of the school
- Sympathetic to the Christian ethos of our school and be committed to our aims and values
- Able to lead a curriculum area or contribute to an aspect of the School Action Plan as part of whole school development.
- Able to form strong links with parents and the community
The post is offered as Main Pay Scale (M1-M6), temporary until 31st August 2021. Visits to the school are not possible at present but an informal telephone discussion can be arranged with either Andrea Brimelow (Head of School) or Jo Laker (Executive Headteacher). Please contact the school to arrange this. CVs are not accepted and the Trust application form must be used.
An application form is available on the school website.
As a Good Shepherd Trust school, Dean CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant's appointment will be subject to excellent references and pre-employment checks including health, Right to work in the UK, DBS and a declaration that neither they nor anyone who lives in the same household is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualifications) Regulations 2009.
Closing date: In light of the current situation with Covid-19 and the difficulties this presents to schools and candidates, we will be operating a rolling recruitment process. This means that we are currently accepting applications and will continue to do so until the post is filled. We would encourage the submission of early application forms as we reserve the right to close the application process at any point in time; at present we intend to keep it open until at least 11th November with a view to conducting interviews via Teams or Zoom within a week of this date.